Spark.com is another one of those classified personal ads sites that promises a lot…and delivers a little. Actually, they deliver nothing at all. We feel like we’ve been very fair with our reviews. In fact, we’ve held back on telling you what we really think about some of these sites. Like momma always said…if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
We’re going to ignore what momma said for this review because we had such a poor experience on Spark.com. Let’s just say sparks never flew. It wasn’t just us. We spoke to 5 guys that had used Spark.com for at least a month. You can tell it’s not a popular site among it’s members from these quotes they shared with us upon being questioned about their experience on Spark.com…
“All I can say is this is the worst dating site I’ve ever used. I’m kicking myself right now for giving them my money. I feel scammed.”
That’s how we felt too!
“It sucked. Any questions?”
Nope, that pretty much sums it up!
“I’ve been on there for 3 months and haven’t gotten a single date. What a freakin’ joke!”
Neither did we, buddy, so don’t feel too bad!
“Lamest dating site ever! The chicks are absolutely disgusting. I wouldn’t touch them with a ten foot pole.”
We wouldn’t either!
“I’ve been on worse dating sites, but not by much. To me, Spark.com only seems halfway decent because I’ve used so many really bad sites.”
Is that backhanded compliment to Spark.com? Either way, it would be really hard to imagine many dating sites worse than Spark.com.
Spark.com: Our Results On Spark.com Over 3 months
- 270 email messages were sent to random women we hadn’t previously spoken to.
- 22 of those email messages were responded to by the women (please note: not EVERY response was genuine).
- 0 dates were set-up with different women between the 2 guys reviewing the website.
We’d like to thank the 22 ladies that were kind enough to give us the time of day on Spark.com. Sure, you weren’t really our type nor did you have much to say. But at least you responded to our emails unlike the remaining 248 girls. That’s about the only good thing we’re going to say about Spark.com in this review. Unfortunately, everything else will be negative.
Our Spark.com experiment can be summed up in one word…disaster. Check that…2 words…COMPLETE disaster. There’s no way we are going to sugar coat it. We did not enjoy one minute on this site. However, we still gave it a fair shake. We didn’t quit trying to meet women after a few weeks just because we hated the site. That would be unfair to you as we couldn’t provide a detailed review of this miserable classified personal ads website.
Here is how our time on Spark.com went…
- Day 1: Created a profile and began searching for women. Sent out 3 email messages (which is what we did everyday) to women we found at least somewhat attractive.
- Day 7: Still haven’t received a single email response (ugh!).
- Day 21: After 3 weeks of being unable to get any conversations going, we finally found a decent girl to chat with. Our guy spent a couple hours that night chatting it up with her.
- Day 22: Girl he was chatting with informed him she was getting back with the ex. Back to the drawing board…
- Day 45: This was the next day we found someone else worth talking to and had a pretty good discussion with her.
- Day 46: Spent more time chatting with this girl. Asked her out on a date but she said she needed more time to get to know him.
- Day 47: She went M.I.A.
- Day 55: Still haven’t heard from her and now have given up. Haven’t heard from anyone else on this site either.
- Day 90: The last day…FINALLY! In between day 55 and day 90, nothing eventful happened. At least it’s over!
Spark.com: What We Hated About Spark.com
Do we really need to answer this question? There are too many things to list them all in this small space. What we’ve said above is mostly enough. One other area we haven’t touched is the male to female ratio of Spark.com. It’s a disturbing trend you’ve probably noticed from our negative reviews. It’s approximately an 8:1 male to female ratio.
Spark.com Review: Is Spark.com Any Good?
You need a website with less guys and more chicks. A site such as Xpress.com gives you a better opportunity to meet women than Spark.com. Don’t spend a dime for a Spark.com membership. It’s not worth it. Spend your money wisely on an affordable, high-quality classified personal ads site… Xpress.com.